TheFugitive

TheFugitive

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Low Carb Protein Brownies

By Layne Norton Protein Power

Every now and then, I crash violently against a recipe that renders my writing-skills useless. It's hard to maintain's one's composure - to keep one's jaw shut and one's heart rhythm stable - when reaching the peak of culinary protein splendor. This is one of these recipes that I just don't know how to begin describing. So... I guess I'll start at the beginning!

A few months ago, I stumbled upon Layne and Isabel's Low-Carb Protein Cheesecake (see the recipe here!) When I tried it, I wanted to scream a mighty Halleluja and it was then that I made a mental note to one day, down the line, ask Layne to guest post on here. A couple of weeks ago, I decided it was time to ask. "Sure", he said, "I have a brownie recipe at home that I think would blow people away!" So, here I am, writing this post from up in in the stratosphere, blown away as I was by these brownies! You're going to love this recipe :-D

Before opening our arms are bestowing upon you this gift of protein glory though, I want to add a few words about Layne. For those of you that don't know him, Layne Norton is a beast. Like yours truly, he has a PhD, but unlike me, his PhD is in Nutritional Sciences ;-) Layne is a Natural Pro Bodybuilder (IFPA & NGA), a Muscular Development Magazine Columnist, a Nutritional Researcher, and the head of 'Inside the Life of a Pro Natural Bodybuilder' at bodybuilding.com. Here is Layne's website and I urge you follow him also on facebook and twitter. Also, check out the interview that Layne recently did with my friend Ben from Propane Fitness! Layne is an awesome guy and, seriously, if you're not already a fan, well, the recipe below is sure to turn you into one ;-)))

Ingredients:
85g chocolate whey
92g unsweetened dark chocolate
240g egg whites/egg substitute
80g cooking splenda
1 tablespoon baking powder
60g reduced calorie butter
120g walden farms zero calorie chocolate syrup
228g zero fat cream cheese

Directions: Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Set cream cheese out for 20-30 minutes to soften and mix all the ingredients in large bowl using a hand mixer until your batter is nice and smooth. Then, pour batter into baking tray (spray first). Bake at 350 degrees F (176 degrees C) for 20 minutes. Allow them to cool and BAAAAAAAAAM! Enjoy :-D

Macros per one brownie out of twenty (if you choose to slice into 5 rows of 4 like I did): 59.4kcals,
1.78g carbs, 7.2g protein, 2.5g fat, 0.55g fiber.

Source: http://www.proteinpow.com/2012/08/th...ownies-in.html

No comments:

Post a Comment