TheFugitive

TheFugitive

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Congrats to Team Gamma's Sean Mickle for Winning the Jay Cutler Classic and Turning Pro


I have been training for 6 months for the Jay Cutler Classic, and when I started I had a lot of work to do in very little time. My back and my legs were not quite where I wanted them to be, so my trainer, Grant Zalid, helped me bring them back up and ready for competition. I have 2 more days until I have the chance to accomplish my dream and turn pro.
The last week before competition is extremely hard, I only have carbs in the morning, and the rest of my meals are high protein with broccoli. I have been very tired, but my heart and mind is still going. I have been posing and fine tuning what needs to be when on stage. I NEED to be flawless. I will not accept anything less. Hard work, a propper mindset, and motivation from my friends and family have gotten me to where I am now.
August 25th, 2012, Jay Cutler Classic, it sits in my mind everyday. I'm going to repeat myself, i'm VERY tired, but the key is to have plenty of rest, eat when you have to, and workout 1 hour a day. Stay focused and don't look back. It gets very hard at times, but having that trainer there to push you and motivate you when you feel like you have nothing left, is what I need sometimes to get that extra set. 
Eating is very crucial right now, and the last week before competition is the hardest. I'm very cranky and miserable at some points, and all I want is a damn candy bar or a piece of cake, but number one doesn't eat candy bars and cake. I want to be number one. Second place is the first loser in my mind. With two days left, I only have one thing to say, and everybody should use this quote when reaching for a goal...WORK HARD NOW, PLAY LATER. 

Sean Mickle.

No comments:

Post a Comment